The Mountaineer Leadership Academy (MLA) is an innovative leadership development initiative. MLA offers many of the essential tools required to improve performance, enrich team effectiveness, and energize the organization.
MLA is growing along with the leadership industry, and we are now able to offer more leadership development choices for more people through our enhanced approach. MLA is now comprised of an academy of Institutes working to build leaders across all levels. Each Institute is designed to focus on different groups of professionals in order to enhance the leadership skills of current and future leaders of West Virginia University and West Virginia higher education. Participants will learn areas of expertise based on five pillars of leadership (individual, interpersonal, managerial, organizational, or contextual skills).
The goals of the Academy are to facilitate innovative learning opportunities, strengthen leadership abilities and performance, promote cooperative partnerships, and support an employer-of-choice culture. In addition to formal learning opportunities facilitated by subject matter experts, participants are also encouraged to engage in informal learning opportunities and other types of development that are beneficial to each individual’s goals
To learn more about the academy, please register for one of the upcoming information sessions by clicking on the date listed below that best suits your schedule. Contact us at 304.293.7217 with any questions you may have.
- July 8, 2015, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Evansdale Library, Room 234
- July 13, 2015, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Downtown Campus Library, Room 2036
- July 16, 2015, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Alumni Center, Room 110/111
- July 21, 2015, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Alumni Center, Room 110/111
Please click a link below for more information about that Institute.
- Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI)
- Emerging Supervisor Institute (ESI)
- Supervisor Development Institute (SDI)
- Professional Development Institute (PDI)
- Leadership Development Institute (LDI)